DID YOU KNOW ?
- In the United States, the city of Austin, Texas, has transformed an urban site
(“Congress Avenue Bridge“) in high places ecotourism with bats, attracting over 100,000 visitors a year and generating more$ 10 million of revenue at the local level.
- In Germany, the National Research Agency (DFG) has allocated € 1.7 million to Develop a line of R& D Focused on bats in order to design bio-inspired communicating low consumption sensors.
- Following a program of R& D devoted to bats began in 2009 in France, the TPE Cyberio markets worldwide a first range of innovative tools and services.
WHAT IS IT?
The project consists of installing networks ultrasonic sensors on the scale of a city and its suburbs to study the populations of bats that live with us.
According to an initial estimate, 100 to 200 sensors located in a town of about 300 km ² bring an almost revolutionary knowledge to bats experts involved in these mammals. All species can be detected by the device. And we aim to combine a technological challenge (network communicating autonomous sensors) a real benefit in the field of management of biodiversity at the scale of a metropolis and finally an innovative educational dimension brought on a media increasingly used by the general public: the tablet computer.
CYBERIO THAT OFFER AND ITS PARTNERS?
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE?
- Communities and associations in sponsoring this unique event for the years2013/2014, equipping some public spaces with one or more prototypes Cyberio technology, hosting the event hosted by Cyberio and its partners.
- Private enterprises and/ or citizens by equipping their private spaces with Cyberio technology and hosting public events large dissemination.
- Research laboratories wishing to benefit inexpensively technological Equipment of excellence in an unique multidisciplinary field by organizing demonstrations of their expertise in network sensors, acoustic, thermal vision, biology, computer, micro and nanotechnology, and in a spirit of “green IT.”
- Patrons wishing to be active in sustainable urban development through funding for the community or association, the Equipment of one or more observation of biodiversity in the region of your city spots.
Cyberio startup Grenoble(France) has initiated the concept, is the prime contractor and is accompanied by associations, SMEs and local research laboratories actively involved in the architecture definition and implementation of the system.
If you are interested Contact us